The Data Controller is Ferrari Fashion School, in the person of its legal representative, domiciled at the registered office at Via Abbondio Sangiorgio 12 – 20145 Milan (Italy) (hereinafter, “Ferrari Fashion School” or “Data Controller”).
The Data Controller is part of a group of companies (“K-Now Group”) which designs and delivers training in the business and education sectors.
- TYPE OF DATA PROCESSED
The Data Controller collects and processes the following personal data referring to the Student:
- Personal Data, such as first name, last name, date of birth of the Student;
- Contact Data, such as for example residence address, domicile, e-mail, telephone of the Student;
- CV Data, such as information pertaining to professional career, work experience, educational activities, as well as any and all additional information that the Student may include in his/her CV;
Hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”.
- PURPOSES, LEGAL LAWFULNESS FOR PROCESSING AND NATURE OF THE PROCESSING
The Personal Data provided by the Student will be used exclusively for the following purposes:
- To enable the Student to take advantage of the services offered by Ferrari Fashion School and related activities and in particular:
– to manage the relationship with the Student by organizing the complex of training activities, teaching support and assessment of skills acquired, through examinations and intermediate tests, as well as through final test;
– to manage access to and use of the IT Services and verify their functionality and proper use (except as provided in paragraph (e) in relation to Cloud Services with respect to the use of systems of suppliers based in non-EU countries);
– to manage from an administrative, accounting and fiscal point of view the relationship with the Student;
– to manage the Student’s participation in educational, extra-curricular activities organized by Ferrari Fashion School;
– to communicate with the Student, through the contact information provided by the Student, regarding Ferrari Fashion School’s educational activities;
– to promote and manage placement initiatives;
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data for the pursuit of the aforementioned purposes is the execution of the contract to which the Student is a party, the performance of the service requested by the Student and the proper management of the related services. The provision of data is mandatory. Failure to provide it will result in the inability of the Student to take advantage of the activities related to education and training offered by Ferrari Fashion School.
- Ferrari Fashion School will process Personal Data to fulfill Ferrari Fashion School’s legal obligations or performance of specific tasks arising from the law, a regulation or legislation, national and European, such as by way of example obligations in relation to the allocation and disbursement of scholarships. The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data is the fulfillment of a legal obligation.
- Ferrari Fashion School will process the Student’s Personal Data in order to contact the Student for the purpose of sending information, by e-mail, about courses offered similar to those already attended or purchased by the Student. The legal basis for the processing is the legitimate interest of Ferrari Fashion School to carry out the communications aimed at informing the Student about its educational offerings or to follow up on the information requests received in order to maintain and strengthen the human and professional relationships established with the Students. Legitimate interest that does not affect the rights and freedoms of the Students as it finds its respective balance in the interest and reasonable expectation of the Students to receive information about the courses offered by Ferrari Fashion School and to obtain constant support from Ferrari Fashion School.
- Ferrari Fashion School will process Students’ Personal Data for promotional, commercial and marketing purposes: the Personal Data may be used, both by telematic means (such as SMS, e-mail, etc. ) as well as by analog modes (such as mail, telephone), also for a) sending/communication by the Data Controller of advertising, informational, promotional material on new products/services of educational offerings of Ferrari Fashion School and/or other companies of the K-Now Group; b) direct sales and/or placement by the Data Controller of products/services, facilitations and promotions of the Data Controller and/or other companies of the K-Now Group, as well as third party companies, through different sales channels or appointed third party companies; c) verification of the degree of satisfaction with the quality of the product/service provided, statistical and market studies and research, directly or through specialized companies, through interviews or other means of detection. The legal basis for such processing is the consent of the Student. The provision of data is optional. Failure to authorize their processing, while not preventing in any way the use of the services offered by Ferrari Fashion School, may not allow Students to take full advantage of the benefits we offer to our community through information of an advertising, commercial, and marketing nature.
- In order to ensure the best educational experience, Ferrari Fashion School will make available to Students a suite of cloud services, including email and cloud storage services, provided by third parties based in the United States (“Cloud Services”). Students’ Personal Data may therefore be disclosed to the companies that operate the aforementioned Cloud Services, solely on the basis of the Student’s explicit consent, which constitutes the legal basis for such processing. It is understood in any case that the Cloud Services are regulated. Failure to give consent will not allow the Student to activate the Cloud Services.
- Ferrari Fashion School will process Students’ Personal Data in order to maintain the security of the IT facilities, devices and files to which Students have access. The legal basis for such processing is Ferrari Fashion School’s legitimate interest in improving and creating a secure IT environment for Students, including in compliance with the rules of conduct described within the IT Regulations, already signed by the Student and published at the following link. Legitimate interest that does not affect the rights and freedoms of the Students as it finds its respective balance in the interest of the Students to benefit from the IT facilities and devices and in the reasonable expectation of the latter that such service will be provided to them.
- Ferrari Fashion School will process Students’ Personal Data to enforce or defend a right in court. The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data is the legitimate interest of the owner or a third party and the expression of a constitutionally guaranteed right.
- PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
The Data Controller intends to retain the Personal Data for a period not exceeding that necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
For the purposes referred to in point a) of paragraph 2, the Personal Data processed will be retained for a period of 10 years after the termination of the contract under which the above-mentioned processing is carried out, in accordance with the provisions of the prescription rules.
For the purposes referred to in point b) of paragraph 2, the Personal Data processed for the fulfillment of legal obligations will be processed for as long as required by the legal regulations with which Ferrari Fashion School must comply.
For the purposes referred to in point c) of paragraph 2, Personal Data will be retained for a period of [12 months] from the first contact for informational purposes transmitted to the Student, extendable by subsequent periods of [12 months] where the Data Subject gives positive feedback to the communication, which will start from the time of the Data Subject’s feedback, subject to any customer opt-out via links at the bottom of communication emails.
For the purposes referred to in point d) of paragraph 2, Personal Data will be retained for a period of time not exceeding 24 months from the release of consent by the Student to the performance of said processing.
For the purposes referred to in point f) and g) of paragraph 2, Personal Data processed to maintain the security of IT facilities and for the exercise of the right of defense will be retained for as long as necessary to achieve these purposes and in accordance with the provisions of the prescription rules.
- CATEGORIES OF DATA RECIPIENTS
Personal Data may be communicated, to the extent strictly pertinent to the above obligations, tasks and purposes and in compliance with the relevant regulations, to the following categories of subjects:
- Employees and collaborators of Ferrari Fashion School who need to receive them in order to provide the requested services to the Students and limited only to information instrumental and related thereto;
- Individuals and/or external legal entities that provide services instrumental to the activities of the Data Controller for the purposes referred to in paragraph 2 above, and who are therefore involved in the organization of Ferrari Fashion School’s activities;
- Subjects to whom such communication must be made to fulfill or to require the fulfillment of specific obligations under laws, regulations and/or national and EU legislation.
Subjects belonging to the above categories act as data processors or operate completely independently as separate data controllers. The list of any data processors is constantly updated and available at the Data Controller’s office.
It should be noted that for business and administrative purposes, some Personal Data may be disclosed to companies belonging to the same corporate K-Now Group as the Data Controller, this is in line with Recital No. 48 GDPR according to which “Controllers that are part of a group of undertakings or institutions affiliated to a central body may have a legitimate interest in transmitting personal data within the group of undertakings for internal administrative purposes, including the processing of clients’ or employees’ personal data. […].”
Except as provided for above, Personal Data will not be disclosed to third parties. Any further communication or dissemination will take place only with the explicit consent of the Student.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
The processing of Personal Data will be carried out at Ferrari Fashion School’s premises and the Personal Data of the Students will be stored at servers and/or archives located within the European Union or in countries that provide adequate guarantees for the protection of personal data as referred to in Article 46 of the GDPR. For the purpose of the activation of the Cloud Services, made available by Ferrari Fashion School, Personal Data will be disclosed to the providers of the respective services, located in the United States of America. We believe it is appropriate to specify that the current level of data protection provided by U.S. legislation is not equivalent to that guaranteed by European legislation (and in particular the GDPR), in view of surveillance programs that do not guarantee adequate protections for European users. In such a case, therefore, the transfer of Data abroad will take place after collecting the explicit and informed consent of the Student.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
The Student, as a data subject, is entitled to the rights conferred by the GDPR under Articles 12-23 of the GDPR. In particular, data subjects have the right to request and obtain, at any time: (i) access to their Personal Data; (ii) information about the processing carried out; (iii) rectification and/or updating of Personal Data; (iv) erasure of Personal Data; (v) restriction of processing; (vi) to exercise the right to object to the processing; (vii) portability of Personal Data (i.e., to receive Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable, commonly used format), (viii) to exercise the right to revoke one’s consent to the processing of Personal Data, where this rises to the legal basis for the specific purpose for which the processing is put in place (this, in any case, will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent given before revocation), and, finally, (ix) to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority (Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali).
The above rights may be exercised at any time by simple request to the Data Controller, to be sent:
- To e-mail address [●]@[●].
For other information or clarifications on the mentioned rights, you can contact Ferrari Fashion School at the same contact details.